Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I have a 29g and i am curious how i can get the tank to look better and clear, I know my water is clear but from certain angles it kind of looks washed out like a picture would almost like there is too much light coming from the fixture. anyone know of any decent bulbs that really make the fish's color pop and make the tank look great while doing it? Almost forgot to mention im not sure if it helps but i do have an all black backround taped to the back of the tank.

Thanks, Ryan

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The water is clear just seems like there too much light coming from the fixture which gives it a "washed out" look

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ryan whats the K rating on the bulbs?
Not to sure it doesnt say on the bulb its the lamp that came with the fixture and hood. 17w aquarium bulb it says on it, and the fixture says 20 watt 60hz on it. it does have a slight purple or pinkish tint to it when i take if off the tank and turn it on.

·
Registered
756 Posts
You have less than 1 watt per gallon. I'm pretty sure you don't have too much lighting. Could it be light coming from another source like a window?

Maybe the washed out look is a bacteria bloom. Hard to tell from your description though. Does the water look milky at all? I am using 4 watts per gallon (312w) in my tank and it does not look washed out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No windows near by and no the water doesnt look milky, i was hoping to get a new bulb that really makes the color of the fish stand out and make the water look better, anyone suggest a good 30" bulb?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Will if you not looking to grow plants the light that came with the tank is enough light to see the fish..... that what the only thing a factory light is really good at. Aquaglow bulbs are good try something in the 8700k rate.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will if you not looking to grow plants the light that came with the tank is enough light to see the fish..... that what the only thing a factory light is really good at. Aquaglow bulbs are good try something in the 8700k rate.
thanks i'll check them out

·
Registered
943 Posts
I kind of like coral life 50/50 bulbs not quite as bright but with the actinic in the bulb I feel it helps bring out the color another one I like is coral lifes 10k.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts