Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have a light fixture with Odyssea 36W Power Compact Bulb 50/50.
Basically it's a straight Pin bulb. I need to downgrade the power of my bulb to 18W preferably 50/50 (blue/daylight) or daylight only, do you guys know if I buy strait pin bulb w/ correct wattage is it going to work on my fixture?
I have seen 18W 10K Daylight by Oceanic BioCube ...

Thanks
Aram

·
discus_dude
215 Posts
generally the conventional rule say us that provide 2-3 watts per gallon.so keep lighting your tank according with that...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

Well yes I know it's a small experimental FW setup 6Gal.
And I know 36W is too much, so I was thinking 18W will be just fine, but then
AZDesertRat is stating that for my fixture I can go minimum 28W
May be you guys can recommend a good fixture with 18W fresh water or 28W bulb will be OK

Thanks again
Aram

·
Registered
234 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for reply all!

AZDesertRat - do you know how the mounting looks like for this fixture?
I think this light will be just perfect! Thanks again

Aram

·
Registered
234 Posts
I don't think you can get a leg kit for the Mini Aqualite, it is designed to sit on the glass tank lid. Thats how I did the two I had. The larger lights like the 96w powerquad I have on my 16G bowfront nano can use leg kits to raise them up some.

·
Banned
3,683 Posts
Totally agree with Rat. The 9w compacts are really nice and will probably do just what you want. They are also very small which makes them easy to place.
+1

my .02

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe I can hang that fixture?
I know what's going to happen ... I will leave that light in the top, and one day I will knock it of, when I will try to feed my fish, and boy it's gona look ugly *#666
I ordered anyway *Glasses*, nice light setup!

I will go to the light store this afternoon and see if they have any kit or something that I can use for it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts