Aquarium Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello aquarium keepers! My father and I are looking to fill a 20 gallon tank, and while he has been keeping aquariums my whole life, we have never had any angelfish, and this is the first tank I’m fully in charge of stocking. I am wondering if it is plausible to have two angelfish in a 20 gallon tank, or if it would be better to have only one, with tankmates. If so, what will go well in this setup? Thank you so much for the help!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hello aquarium keepers! My father and I are looking to fill a 20 gallon tank, and while he has been keeping aquariums my whole life, we have never had any angelfish, and this is the first tank I’m fully in charge of stocking. I am wondering if it is plausible to have two angelfish in a 20 gallon tank, or if it would be better to have only one, with tankmates. If so, what will go well in this setup? Thank you so much for the help!
Hi! I'm The Fish Lady!😃 nice to meet you!
I know that it's been a little while for your posting but it caught my interest and I was wondering how the stocking went for you? And, how'd it work out for you?

·
Registered
154 Posts
I think some tetras will do well with a single angel fish.
I believe you're right!😃 just remember that Angelfish are cichlids and they are very aggressive! I have a 40 tall with only 5 of them in it and they fight alllll the time.
If you have one, hon, I can see remaining in the middle of your tank, like a statue that you placed in there, that's all. They are Community fish and we just choose to have a 1 species tank. They're beautiful fish and they will get large for you about 6".
Thanks for replying back to me because I had been waiting to hear how your babies were coming along!😃😃😃

·
Registered
15 Posts
In my opinion, you should consider a larger tank before you venture into Angelfish. As the Fish Lady mentioned, they are indeed cichlids, while not quite as aggressive as many they still have a pecking order in the tribe & they will fight for territory. Being can be somewhat of a schooling fish as well and at 4-6 inches they will need a tall & roomy tank. I have sussessfully kept 6 in a 46 gal; bowfront, lightly planted, that was always a pleasure to watch. Serenity in motion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts