Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bunch of plants and am wondering about pruning. What is a recommended tool? I have one of the long specific ones, but lack of clearance above the tank makes it limited use. Any other ideas.
Also I recently bought some new plants. These came with a matterial around the roots, kind of a foam.cottony type stuff. I planted them with it on them. Was this wrong and if so is it wrong enough that I should pull out the plants to remove it?
thanks

·
Pleco n bn breeder n BOSS
7,685 Posts
I have a bunch of plants and am wondering about pruning. What is a recommended tool? I have one of the long specific ones, but lack of clearance above the tank makes it limited use. Any other ideas.
Also I recently bought some new plants. These came with a matterial around the roots, kind of a foam.cottony type stuff. I planted them with it on them. Was this wrong and if so is it wrong enough that I should pull out the plants to remove it?
thanks
I use a sharp pair of scissors for trimming plants. Might mean I get wet up to my elbows but they do a good job.

As for the stuff around the roots of new plants that needs to be removed carefully.

·
Aqua Addict
292 Posts
I trim my plants by pinching the stems between my finger and thumb! I really need to get a small set of scissors. I get about halfway across the tank and my thumb gets sore.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts