Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started a 30 gallon fowlr Aquarium 6 weeks ago and would like to add a skimmer. Is there a skimmer around $100 that will work without alot of hassle? I change 5 gallons of water every two week's. Do I really need one?
Is the Sea Clone 100 worth the money?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes,

There are a few good options. One I have been testing out on a 20 gallon tank is the Aqualife Nano Skimmer 110, it is a in tank nano skimmer. It has been very effective so far with only a few small issues. For example I have had some issue with MicroBubbles but with proper placement you can work the small issues like this. I have seen them between 40 and 60 USD.

Rio also makes a hang on back nano skimmer retails around 40 USD.

good luck

Roy

·
Banned
3,683 Posts
I just started a 30 gallon fowlr Aquarium 6 weeks ago and would like to add a skimmer. Is there a skimmer around $100 that will work without alot of hassle? I change 5 gallons of water every two week's. Do I really need one?
Is the Sea Clone 100 worth the money?
imho No.

Whatever you do I would add macro algaes right from the start. In a refugium even if just a partition to keep the fish and macro apart.

IMHO macro algaes will do more to maintain a tank then any skimmer. Especially a FOWLR setup.

my .02

1 - 3 of 3 Posts