Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
fenix
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You never know it all- 71 yrs young and I'm still learning--
Has anyone seen a disease lately in which the fish gets a "bare" spot which spreads- and the fish weakens eventually as the spot gets bigger- then it dies---? It's restricted to my red wags- the angels, kribs, and swordtails are doing fine- however only the sailfin mollies have visible babies.
Not fungus or ich-- salt and malichite green or the other meds I've tried have no effect on it. It only effects a couple of fish out of 100, regardless of age or water changes--hereditary???
It's in 3 tanks now...
Next, my Omega 1, the best dry food I've used up til now, got weevils or beetles in it! I threw it away- anybody else have that problem?
That food was repackaged by the dealer into pint plastic bottles--a possible source of contamination?
- The Tetramin and the rest weren't effected...

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
I would say that any food you get that is repackaged is suspect. I won't do it. The factory is probably blameless and you have no idea when the food was actually purchased or if it is several different batches mixed together when you purchase through a bulk dealer.

Omega One is a very reputable company and careful with processing the fish foods so I doubt that whatever it is is coming from them.

As far as the disease process you mentioned, I will have to say that I do not know about that one.

Rose

1 - 2 of 2 Posts