Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Bit of a strange question, but my daughter would like to know what other things do Plecos eat. I just gave them a piece of Zuccini and she wants to know if they eat fruits too...maybe apples, banana's, etc. I tried to look it up on line, but to be honest...I'm not sure where to look...*n1

Anyway, she's 7, so I don't want to just tell her "I don't know." It's a learning opportunity. *Glasses*

·
Cornelius
95 Posts
Hey MD, I have heard they will eat just about anything, but you shouldn't feed them citrus things, I am not sure why. I think they like Cucumber, Eggplant, and pumpkin pretty reliably. Lettuce, cabbage, cauliflower, tomato, and broccoli may be worth a try though?

I am pretty sure they will at least try any fruits or veggies to see if they like it. Could be a fun time playing around to see what they will eat.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

·
Pleco n bn breeder n BOSS
7,685 Posts
I don't think I would give him tomatoe as it would end up being a big mess. They like melons, sweet potatoes, green beans, and such like that. They like bananas but they get mushy pretty fast and is hard for them to rasp on them.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts