Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so this is my favorite fish in my community tank. For about 4-5 months I have had 3 angelfish, 2 green Cory catfish, a Raphael catfish, a clown pleco and a spiny eel/ peacock eel. It’s a 40 gal tank with live plants and a gravel substrate. My eel is curved facing down and will move but when he finds a place to be he returns to this odd position. There appears to be a black lump by his stomach which I initially thought was a pebble/ rock he swallowed but I realized that that would be a pretty small rock and I’m not sure he can fit it in his mouth. He is about 4 inches long but looks skinny. I’ve never seen him actually eat. He doesn’t look banged up. I will give pictures. Please help I really don’t wanna have to say goodbye to this guy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok so this is my favorite fish in my community tank. For about 4-5 months I have had 3 angelfish, 2 green Cory catfish, a Raphael catfish, a clown pleco and a spiny eel/ peacock eel. It’s a 40 gal tank with live plants and a gravel substrate. My eel is curved facing down and will move but when he finds a place to be he returns to this odd position. There appears to be a black lump by his stomach which I initially thought was a pebble/ rock he swallowed but I realized that that would be a pretty small rock and I’m not sure he can fit it in his mouth. He is about 4 inches long but looks skinny. I’ve never seen him actually eat. He doesn’t look banged up. I will give pictures. Please help I really don’t wanna have to say goodbye to this guy. View attachment 31563 View attachment 31564 View attachment 31565 View attachment 31566

·
Registered
2 Posts
Why did my eel die?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts