Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I found two babies last night! Yay I transferred them to a new tank and tore the tank apart looking for more...well I found 4 dead ones and both my females are still pregnant!!!! How does this work they're supposed to have a brood of all the fry at once right? I'm thinking because of stress she had a few early births and two of the fry lived...?

·
Super Moderator
8,277 Posts
No, it can take them some time, depending on if they are stressed or feel safe.

·
Super Moderator
8,277 Posts
If the tank is more open and bright they may not feel safe, so while they birthed a few they may still be holding on to the others until the feel they would be safer. Do you have any moss? Any smaller tank you can move the pregnant mom to, and keep the lights dim and tons of hides?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the tank is more open and bright they may not feel safe, so while they birthed a few they may still be holding on to the others until the feel they would be safer. Do you have any moss? Any smaller tank you can move the pregnant mom to, and keep the lights dim and tons of hides?
Lots of moss, plants and crevices and the two fry are in my free tank , they're so small my 5g looks huge now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts