Aquarium Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Howdy gang,
So plants are doing great and my fertilizer will arrive today.
One of my questions is in regard to this heinous brown algae, won't the fertilizer give it extra nutrients too?
That deleting swear words !#@%$)&)&* stuff is awful persistent.
Hopefully the two new Nerites will help that problem, at this point I'm going to have to lovingly wipe it off one of the plants.
shakes head
After reading a bit about Moneywort I am yanking that one from the tank, seems it's a bit of a leach in that it can suck nutrients from other plants (I read)
It's not that attractive to me either..meh
2nd question is about Anubias, I read that it's a rhizome that doesn't get planted in the gravel, fine ok.
Will it outgrow the rock it's placed on? The one I am looking at says it only 2-5 inches which would be perfect.
In regard to Krazy gluing stuff to rocks, package says let it set for 24 hours, what say yee?
hope all are well
GG

· Registered
234 Posts
Use the gel super glues. The gels hold better and it sort of bonds faster in water.

If the anubias outgrows it's rock just break off the rhizome that has grown too far out and plant somewhere else. They are such slow growers though you probably won't have that problem. My oldest anubias has tripled its leaf count and is still in the same footprint

· Registered
6 Posts
@Gamegurl I boiled dried almond leaves and put them iin the same time my spiderwood was doing its gross snot thing. GROSS. I just kept brushing it off the leaves and the wood with a soft toothbrush. 3 weeks and they are looking good again. But I am going to put the leaf in soon so we shall see.

· Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was wanting any re-planting tips for my Hygro Phila Salcifolia.
It doesn't have any roots coming off the tops but has alot of new growth at top.
If need be I can get a pic but I am wondering if I top them it should branch out and split?
And if I do top them I guess just pop the tops back in the substrate?
thanks in advance

· Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had thought my Pogostemon aka Octopus plant(?) was kinda limping along in comparison to the other plants but just noticed a bunch of new growth near the bottom.
Super awesomeness!

· Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just a pic to show how nice my plants are doing, I'm down to two plastic ones for filler.
I'll be adding some up front, some low growers. :) The Ludwigia to the right of the bridge is a cutting re-planted, that stuff grows nice.
Plant Water Vertebrate Green Pet supply

· Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am wondering about my Hygrophila, it's growing great and I like the way it's getting nice and tall but it's kinda leggy at the bottom.
Gonna post a pic, I'm wondering should I just let it go or will the stalks split if I trim it back making it a bit fuller?
I have some more plants on the way, really like the Hygro so got another type of it, the Temple version, and a couple low growers.
I hope you're all happy that you've corrupted me so thoroughly. teasing lol
I'm glad, the plants are super cool!
have a smurfy day
Plant Botany Nature Flower Leaf

1 - 18 of 18 Posts