Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I am researching and getting ready to set up a 40 gal breeder tank. The plants I've picked out should give the pearlscales (max. 3) plenty to eat and enough left over to filter wastes (I hope!) This link is to aqua sketcher which is a blast to use----it's a 2D version of a 3D tank.
The back row is
Ceratophyllum demersum 'Foxtail' (hornwort)
Rotala rotundifolia
Egeria densa (anachris, elodea)
Rotala rotundifolia
Ceratopteris thalictroides (water sprite)

The next forward is either
Val. americana 'Mini Twister'
OR Crypt. crispatula var. 'balansae' (on both sides right & left)

In front of that is Microsorum pteropus 'Philippine' (also on both sides)

Then Bacopa monnieri (also on both sides)

In front of that (probably centered) will be Malaysian sinking driftwood with Anubias barteri var. 'nana' tied on

In front of that is Rotala wallichii (on both sides)

ground cover from rear to driftwood is Pogostemon helferi

front ground cover driftwood to front of tank will be a moss (still deciding which one)

anyway, it's easier to look at the link: (hopefully this will work---if you click on the tank you can rotate it around and get the idea) [copy+paste]
View Your Sketch | TheAquaTools

Let me know what you think please!!!! In the 40g breeder tank I will be using an Eheim Pro II 2028, Prime Mini Chiller 1/10 hp (house gets VERY hot in summer), Current Orbit dual daylight 96W bulb, dual actinic 96W bulb (came that way), Jager heater 150W, Eco-Complete substrate and Onyx sand, Rena 100 air pump with 2-6" microbubblers to come on when the lights go out. If anything's missing let me know, please. Thanks so much! Looking forward to hearing from you!!! Lisa

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello MediaHound! Thanks for the quick reply (and welcome!). I'm glad you could see it, I wasn't sure if it would let you get there! I'm planning on doing just the plants for a while (without the fish) to give them a head start to get their roots down to help hold them in place when the terrorists arrive :D Did you think the choices were ok?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts