Aquarium Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya gang,
I am wondering about where I can fit this little double sponge filter.
Would it be alright if plants are in front of it?
I also wonder about where to direct the flow.
The spot I am looking at is back right corner, should I point the flow towards the front glass to try to make it flow circular?
Thanks in advance
GG

· Registered
357 Posts
I would either aim it like you're thinking, or aim it left to go across the tank, and for me, it would depend on the actual flow the filter puts out. If it's pretty strong, I'd aim it at the front glass, but if not I'd aim it across the tank. Plants won't bother it, nor would they typically be bothered by it. Just make sure they're firmly rooted.

· Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would either aim it like you're thinking, or aim it left to go across the tank, and for me, it would depend on the actual flow the filter puts out. If it's pretty strong, I'd aim it at the front glass, but if not I'd aim it across the tank. Plants won't bother it, nor would they typically be bothered by it. Just make sure they're firmly rooted.
Thanks a ton. :D

· Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just a thought If I had any doubt that my filter was circulating well are dismissed.
I have a small plant cutting that I am hanging onto for my neighbor and it's floating around.
Twice it has been sucked down to the filter. Good going little filter :p

· Registered
357 Posts
Yea, I've heard really good things about that style of filter. I have powerheads or canisters in the tanks I want a good amount of flow in, and the ones that only have sponge filters are 10gs with bettas, and I don't want that kind of flow with them. So, I haven't tried it yet, but I'm glad it works as good as I figured it would. You never can be too sure with how many of them there are, and such, but that's what reviews are for, right?

· Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I really hadn't thought about this before looking around for something else on the net, but....
Is there a difference placing the outflow from the filter above or below the water line.
After installing I can see that as far as directional flow from it there's not so much, just alot of bubbles.
Maybe I don't have it turned up high enough?
Cheers and have a smurfy day.

· Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do your sponge filters have airstones in them? I was just studying up on Sponge filters and seems that the air stone diffuses the bubbles.
As far as improving performance I didn't see that the air stone did that, it just made the bubbles quieter. shrug

1 - 12 of 12 Posts