Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Aquarium Fanatic
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want to have a place to be able to watch my tank progress and be able to look back and see how much its grown. Where better than on AF!?!

Picture Time!!!
FTS

Blue spotted Mushroom This little guy is only about 1/2" inch across right now. Can't wait to see him spread.

Purple and green Paly

12/26/12
Added a blue spotted mushroom and a purple and green paly

12/28/12
Water Test Results:
Temp 78.6 +/-0.1
Salinity 1.025
KH 11
Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrate 0ppm
Phosphates 0ppm
Calcium 480ppm
Can't find my pH test kit anywhere (the joys of moving)

·
Aquarium Fanatic
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am mixing up my first batch of saltwater made from RO/DI water right now. I am hoping that switching to RO/DI water and adding biopellets to the system will take care of my lingering algae problem. They say the biopellets take a month or so to get working good, so time will tell. I also just finished installing and setting up a ReefKeeper Lite, I absolutely love this controller! I have it running the lights, return pump, reactor pump, skimmer and heater.

·
Aquarium Fanatic
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update:
Got my replacement wet side from Ecotech today!!:):):):):):):)
Also made a few minor changes to the rocks.

·
Registered
162 Posts
So what are your future plans for your tank? Are you going to eventually add more rocks? WHat type of fish are ou planning if any? It looks great so far btw.

·
Aquarium Fanatic
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So what are your future plans for your tank? Are you going to eventually add more rocks? WHat type of fish are ou planning if any? It looks great so far btw.
I built this system to be expandable, eventually I will make it much larger. Current filtration can handle a 200 gal system, but rather than add one huge tank I am wanting to have a couple of smaller tanks, for example I want to add frag tank and maybe even an aggressive tank to the system.

I will be adding more rock not sure how much though. I have been looking at hundreds of different tanks trying to get ideas, and it is overwhelming to say the least.

Plans for fish: I will add a few more Chromis, I have two clown fish that have been staying with a friend of mine, I plan to add a Mandarin Goby (my girlfriend fell in love with them at the LFS) and then my dream fish, a Male Hawaiian Flame Wrasse. I havent picked out any other specific fish so i am open to suggestions.

And thank you!

·
Aquarium Fanatic
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
*w3BABIES!!!*w3
I am ecstatic to report that my purple and green paly has started to make babies already!! I didn't get alot of time to look this morning before work but I saw one new polyp peeking out :)

·
Aquarium Fanatic
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
After tons of looking I am pretty confident in saying I didn't luck into true PPEs but they are close!

On another note I got my two clown fish back from the babysitter!
They have both doubled in size over the last year! I'm still trying to get use to how big they are now! I will have pictures up as soon as I can!

·
Aquarium Fanatic
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Made a trip to the LFS today :)
Picked up 6 more blue leg hermits, 3 nasarious snails, a zebra turbo snail, a clown goby, and a nice frag of pulsing zenia. I was hoping to get a picture of the Goby but he is not very photogenic haha. However I was able to get a decent picture of my clowns :)

Marlin and Nemo

Pulsing zenia

Cynaobacteria is making a comeback :(
I solved the recent overfeeding issue, so I hope it will go away again on its own.
Current FTS

·
Registered
162 Posts
I just picked up a pulsing xenia today and currently acclimating it right now. Your's looks great.

Are you going to add more rock eventually? Just my op but I think you need about twice that much (if not more) in the long run.

·
Aquarium Fanatic
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just picked up a pulsing xenia today and currently acclimating it right now. Your's looks great.

Are you going to add more rock eventually? Just my op but I think you need about twice that much (if not more) in the long run.
Yes I will be adding more. I pick through the rocks everytime i go to the store looking for more, but this last time i went the smallest rock they had was about 20 lbs and huge haha

1 - 20 of 44 Posts