Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
i had peps before and they also did a great job. but i heard that people get shrimp that look like peps and they end up being false. thus no success on the aptasia control.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The incorrect identification is probably a common issue but another potential issue could be preferencial feeding. The sources and quantity of available food will vary dramatically from one tank to another and in some tanks there may be a food source available in sufficient quantity that they are not focusing on the aptasia to a sufficent degree to keep it under control. In these cases careful observation of feeding habits could allow one to identify what the prefered food is. In some cases reducing availability of this food source could help.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The incorrect identification is probably a common issue but another potential issue could be preferencial feeding. The sources and quantity of available food will vary dramatically from one tank to another and in some tanks there may be a food source available in sufficient quantity that they are not focusing on the aptasia to a sufficent degree to keep it under control. In these cases careful observation of feeding habits could allow one to identify what the prefered food is. In some cases reducing availability of this food source could help.
He nailed it, not much I can add to this statement. Luna

·
Registered
32 Posts

nicco0315
Re: peppermint shrimp
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i had peps before and they also did a great job. but i heard that people get shrimp that look like peps and they end up being false. thus no success on the aptasia control.

Both of these responses are accurate :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts