Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there in anything in particular that peppermint shrimp eat. I cant seem to keep them alive. I have corals that are healthy, a sea urchin who seems fine a bunch of snails and star fish but cant seem to keep my peppermint shrimp alive. Ive had 2 and both have died about 2 weeks after being in the tank. I know it wasnt their molt because this one just molted the day after i put him in the tank. any suggestions..nitrates are around 10-20 so there not extremley high

·
Vodka Doser
6,492 Posts
They are basically scavengers, they'll eat anything. Give a piece of Mysis couple times a week. But, acclimation to yiur tank is key with theses guys, gotta drip em. Time frame on wether they make it or not in your tank is 2 weeks.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya i always do a 3-3.5 hr drip acclimation for em. they seem to make it to that 2 week mark but cant get over the hump..maybe ill give it one more go around with another one

·
Registered
255 Posts
Although your nitrates are 30-40ppm which isn't crazy high but high none the less i would work on getting them around 10ppm. Yeh like madness said they basically will eat anything.....including aptasia!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi,I have a peppermint shrimp in my 10 gallon tank,I've had him for 5 months and he's thriving,I feed him sera shrimps natural pellets and he also scavengers,he's mooted several times

1 - 6 of 6 Posts