Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 30 gallon tank and have 2 Fantails. One is 4-inches long and the other is 6-inches long. I've always wondered what size sinking pellet food should I feed them? Does it matter?
Also, would it be o.k. to buy another small Fantail for the tank?:fish-in-bowl:

·
Registered
71 Posts
You're kind of at the stocking level now with 2 in your 30 gallon. You'll have a lot less headache if you don't add another fish until you get a bigger tank; fewer water changes and less bacterial infection, etc. It's just a lot easier and healthier for your fish. You'll get a larger tank sometime and then you can get more fish. :)

Be careful with pellets. They're very dry, even if you wet them first (they stay dry in the middle) and can constipate your goldfish, making them act like they have a swim bladder disorder. I stick to gel food, peas, flakes (moistened in the tank water before released), brine shrimp and veggies. Just my two cents.

Reactions: Dudie419

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I don't want to go to a bigger tank so I'll just stick with the two Fantails I have. I bought the ingredients to make some gel food today. I think I'll try that for a start. I don't want to make too many changes in their diet right away.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts