Aquarium Forum banner

61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Student of Fire
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
NO3-5-10ppm....?

Would you consider setting up a RO dripping system such that you may further reducing nitrate to <5ppm? Fries are sensitive to NO3 but not adults, as I tried very hard to educate folks on the Forum here.
You know it may very well be below 5ppm as anything below 10 is hard for me to tell the difference in my nitrate test kit. The tank has moss and frogbit floating to help reduce nitrates. My reading was also the day after I skipped a water change cause I went to a wedding. I've missed about three water changes total on these tanks. 50% daily is my normal routine.

·
Student of Fire
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Been a while, after a few months break my pair is at it again. Spawning every two weeks. They ate the first spawn cause I didn't remove the eggs in time, but I got this batch out into the hatching tank. Here we go again!

Here's a pic of how I keep the eggs from getting fungus. Place the pipe with eggs on the outflow of a sponge filter and the bubbles travel through moving water constantly but gently.

Here's a pic of the original spawns, they're really looking like p. Gudgeons now.

61 - 62 of 62 Posts