Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BIG NEWS....My Panda cories (5 in the tank) spawned while I was on vacation and I have 3 fry that look to be about 1 week free swimming!!!
I'm so excited...they are the cutest!!
Had the 10 gallon set up w/sand and gravel bottom, different sized clay pots, water changes every 4 days, approx. 80*, and THEY DID IT!!! YEAH!!!
Now if I could just get my Kubotai to do the same!

·
Registered
258 Posts
congrats on the new fry. How big were the spawning panda cories. I have seen them in my local stores at all sizes.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Female (I've watched her lay before) is approx.1 1/2 in. males a little smaller(although they are younger fish)
ALSO...counted again and there are 4 fry AND...i just awoke to count 45 eggs on the front glass!!! (I was moving clay pots last nite). So I moved an airstone to bubble over the eggs. so far they all look viable.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Congratulations ! I have never seen a fry of Panda cories in the reality, so exciting!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I may bring a couple for auction next month depending on how quickly they flourish. They grow quite fast. soooo cute and eating flake and shrimp pellets.

·
fishboydanny
584 Posts
I'd like a few!....

·
Registered
42 Posts
gratz.. ive had the worse luck with corys. Might be me, or might be the breeding here in taiwan. but they never seem to last. i Stopped buying them when i lost 3 batches.

·
Registered
139 Posts
congarats on the new babies!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts