2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded off a BUNCH of guppies the other night for the following

Magnum 350 canister
HOT 350
AC70
and a top fin 40( its a floss box now)

question is.

on the HOT 350 what is the usual strength of the outflow?

on the MAG350 what are my options as far cheap media for this, its got no guts I just made guts so I can test it out

Basically
MAG350 impeller was toasted bad

HOT350 slow rate

today changed the impellers and magnets in both, MAG350 got all new hoses and valves, its working great.

What can I do to the HOT to get the flow rate up? its ALOT better then it was now that the impeller assembly is brand new but still seems slow for what it is, my AC's flow is the same if not a smidge stronger.

Thanks

·
Registered
943 Posts
I thought the HOT was a 250 not a 350???????? I would get the filter sleaves and then fill the basket with some floss or some of the rings. I guess you could get some of the batting from WalMart thats used for blankets and make your own just make sure there isnt any chemicals like scents or fire retartent in it I think its the one in the green bag.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm, new impeller is labeled H.O.T 250/350, and all I can find is 250 must be a 250 still a H.O.T and the only H.O.T canister labeled that on the market, either way it flows like a 125 not a 250.

Floss isnt going to help when the issue is present without ANY media in it, adding substance will only slow it down further which I dont want to do.

What is the standard rate of flow as in what is observed coming out of the outlet? mine flows out but not enough to call it a true flow, my AC20 is flowing stronger then it is. even my Tetra i30 is flowing more then this thing is. Vinegar bath maybe in order?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts