Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got these little white balls on the stems of my swords. I see a few sitting on the drift wood too. Please tell me these aren't snail eggs. I did a google image search and most of the snail eggs I see are clustered together. These aren't. I tried getting a few off of one of the stems and you kinda have to use your nail to scrape them off. What are they? I have some olive snails but they aren't supposed to reproduce in fresh water... I do have some stray snails too... dear god...

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No cories, so no cory eggs. Here's a really bad picture of what I have. These things are in a lot of places in my tank... stuck up under some drift wood, on the stems of most of my plants.... they don't move and they seem almost stuck on. You have to give them a little scrape to get them off.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I have a bunch of nerite olive snails. I was told they wouldn't reproduce in freshwater. Holy crap, is that what that is? Nerite snail eggs? Now I do add a little salt to my water because everyone claims it makes for healthier fish, but I never thought it was enough to make these suckers breed.

·
Pleco n bn breeder n BOSS
7,685 Posts
They will lay eggs but the eggs won't hatch. I get them all over my tanks from the nerites. they need at least a heavy brackish water to hatch in which aquarium salt isn't. You can either scrape them off or just leave them. They will eventually disappear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts