Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright.. so I was just viewing my aquarium when I noticed 3 yellow round "egglike" orbs tucked on top of one of my anacharis stalks. I do not have any inverts and am running a fairly new tank with only rasboras(7) and corydoras(3).

Is it likely that petco sold me a plant somehow tainted with snail eggs even though their tanks were clean of them? As soon as my girlfriend gets back from work I'm going to take pics of them with her nice camera.. but anyone else get stuck with these pests on accident before?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
yep, it was snails. I went back to petco to check out their plant tank and apparently the fish person had been out sick a couple days when their plant shipment came in. I was the first person in the store to notice, so they gave me a discount on the plants I came to get. Now to just get a loach to take care of these nuisances.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Make sure you check your filter. I had a snail out break and they were living in the filter after my fish cleaned them out of the tank.
Will do, so far it appears I've dodged a bullet. It looks like my corys have cleaned every single plant in my aquarium of all the suspicious orbs- I have to say they've turned me into a cory fan. These little guys go up and down every plant in my aquarium. The Hygrophilia I bought had some brown algae(?) or maybe just decayed plant matter- 2 days later its all gone and I'll see them go up and down my plants eating ANYTHING, including decayed plant matter.. so what came into my tank as terrible looking plants have started to turn vibrant!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts