Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I've already made a few posts awhile back but figured I'd post my introduction now that I have my tank up and running now! I'm Andrew or just A.J. and have just got back into the hobby after some time. As far as my tank, well it's changed a lot from my initial questions I've asked on here, but as of yesterday my empty 55 gallon tank is now how home to one tiny little black ghost knife fish.

I know he wont stay tiny, but I did want a larger fish and the BGK was my first choice, though after not finding any at the local stores I was rather joyed to find this one, at half off too!

Anyways, I'll be around looking for info on BGK care. I already have questions but he seems to be doing fine in the new home so far checking out his hide spots.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcomes.

When I was looking at getting into the hobby I did want a bgk but never found one so was looking into other options. So I was happy to have found one.

I was just worried about it eating but I've sat and watched it eat quiet a few pellets I dropped near it's favorite hide spot today. So that's good.

I also added in today four balloon belly molly's. So far I think they are clueless to his presence, but hopefully they'll all get along fine and at the moment they're bigger than his mouth sooo heres hoping for the best.

·
Pleco n bn breeder n BOSS
7,685 Posts
Here is a pic of mine when it was 9 inches. Which was a few years ago, he was in a 75 gal, the castle in back was where he stayed unless I was in the room.

Try giving yours some blood worms or brine shrimp (frozen) a couple of times a week, he would really enjoy it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I picked him up I got some blood worms but no matter what I did they kept floating to the top so I was afraid he wouldn't of even know food was there. So when I picked up the mollies I got the pellets and some brine shrimp too :)

But while he was feeding and a afterwards he stayed out with the other fish for quiet awhile which was great to watch. All seems to be well with them mixed in, they did have some disputes over the food but all five them still look good .. no missing fins or eyeballs.

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Welcome to the forum. It is nice to have you here with us. Have a great day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts