Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im deciding to switch up to saltwater soon with my empty 20G i have right now, what are good tankmates for O' Clown and what are maximum limit i can fit it inside a 20G for the O' Clown with other tankmates, im not planning to go reef but maybe have few live rocks here and there only. any info will be appreciated! :D:p

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm, i don't know if i want an anemone, i red that they are not for beginners and requires extremely high lighting. can they survive without an anemone???
and what about tank mates??? any good tank mates???

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
You can skip the anemone, its not imperative. There's plenty of tankmates that would be suited to live with them but you want to build up to that point first. Start with the clowns or maybe even start with a damsel or two.
A small yellow tang may be a good choice, they are colorful and will do well with your live rock. A bluethroat trigger if you can find one would be a good choice, there's really so many fish to pick from though.
What types does your local store carry that you were considering?

Each type of fish has a different personality but if you can say what you prefer most - between:
color,
where they swim in the tank (open water vs on the sand or on the rocks, etc), or
personality
etc.. it would help us make suggestions. Cheers

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i don't know what type my store carries but it is AMAZING lots of them, looks like more grocery store full of fish :)
but what i prefer most is basically anything with bright eye catching colors that swims mid tank and just about anywhere where you can see the fish most of the time like lets say a purple fire goby( if it even does swim out :) )?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts