Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a small tank in the office. I went shopping last night for fish toys and found some Seachem cards that give constant readings for Ammonia and pH from inside the tank. No test strips, no sampling. I bought both of them and stuck them up this morning and they seem to be working great - it picked up my higher pH right away. I also want to be watching for nitrite and nitrates, though. I'm new to this so maybe this is a stupid question but is there anything like this for nitrite and nitrate? Any other levels I should be monitoring? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
What u have is seachem ammomia alert and seachem pH alert-correct?
there is no such thing as nitrite alert and nitrate alert, and i think u will need liquid test kits for nitrate and nitrite. use liquid sampling not strips. strips have a rep of being inaccurate. i suggest u use API test kits for nitrate and nitrite. also look for tests for gH and kH-they can also be found as API sample liquid test kits. u should definetely test for gH and kH if u have fish sensitive to pH, as fish sensitive to pH=fish sensitive to gh/kh

1 - 2 of 2 Posts