Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am super frustrated. I have changed at least half of the water of my 55 galon tank and have gravel vacuumed like suggested. I'm still getting read outs that my Nitrate levels are too high. Any suggestions on this??

Also, this is probably a stupid question, but I was wondering how you notice (the signs) if a fish is sick. I have on clown loach that just isn't acting right. I decided to try a forum first and ask rather than driving 30 miles to my nearest pet store and having the Aquarium people look at him. Any information would be appreciated. Thank you. :eek: And can a sick or dying fish affect Nitrate levels???

·
Registered
24 Posts
how is the clown loach acting? have you added new fish recently as the bio load may go up and not be able to balance itself out. how many fish do you have in the 55 and how big or species.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Okay first off, clown loaches are weird...Plus your tank isnt big enough for their max size...My clown loaches used to sit upside down when they slept, looked dead everytime...Annoying little things that would scare me when they did that.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
What fish do you have in the tank.... numbers
How long has the tank been setup.......

To answer your question, sick fish usually get sick because of the water quality. Dead fish over feeding dead leaves anything that rots.. will cause a raise in Nitrates.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts