Aquarium Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Heres my story, its a little long winded. My kids got those frog-o-spheres last year as a gift. Well while I was looking for snails and new bamboo I decided to get a 10 gal tank to put the frogs in, instead of leaving them in those little tiny containers. So I set the tank up friday and everything has been running and checks out (ph, alkalinity....). We have 4 of the african dwarf frogs going in the tank, are there any other fish we can put in there and how many. I was using the calculator and I would need to upgrade the filtration in order to put 5 prisetella tetras. My son seen these and is now obsessed with them because "you can see their bones". Any suggestions (fish type amounts, or how I can deal with the filtration)?

Thanks

ps I knew I shouldve got the bigger tank.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

What kind of filter do you have now? (brand and size of tank it's rated for) It's never a bad idea to get a filter that's rated for the next tank size up. In other words, a bigger filter is not a bad thing. You could definitely fit a small school of tetras in a 10g with the frogs. Having some plants (like java moss) that use up a lot of nitrogen compounds in the water like ammonia, nitrite and nitrate, helps in a tank with a heavy bioload. Just do weekly water changes (something like 25% each time) and that should keep your water nice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts