Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Lou, 29, Southampton (UK) and I have had freshwater tropical fish for 5 years... We currently have a 4 foot freshwater tank with:
2 common plecs
12 danios (mix)
4 congo frogs (love 'em!)
5 siamese algae eaters
6 swordtails (orange & white)
2 congo tetras (started out with more!)
and an unidentified fishy that accidentally got popped in with the congos when I bought them! he's a tetra of some sort.

I'm quite excited as I'm taking on a new project soon - my local Dr's practice have recently built a new surgery and got a fish tank for the waiting room and I have volunteered to maintain it! I have no idea what I've let myself in for so I thought I'd better find myself a forum and then I'll have someone to swap tips with!

Lou :)

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
very cool and welcome to the site...you will find all the help you need here

·
Banned
3,683 Posts
Welcome

Try a planted tank for the waiting room.

my .02

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all! Unfortunately I didnt get to see my project tank tonight - the practice manager got held up! We have rescheduled for Friday night, so will hopefully get some photos then!

In the meantime I'll try and take some decent photos of my own tank - will upload tomorrow!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Can't wait to see the pics and welcome aboard! Pleasure to have you here!

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Welcome and thanks for joining us. It sounds like you have taken on a large job but one that will give you a great deal of pleasure. It will be fun to see the pleasure the tank gives to other people.

Rose
:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts