Aquarium Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I wanted to say I'm glad to be here. I've been scouring the internet to try to find help with what is going on with my tank. I'm also on another fish forum and still to no avail can anyone seem to help me, so I saw this forum and thought I would give it a try. I've been cycling my tank for 3 months, yup, its been 3 months. I use RO water, I cannot use my city water, it has sludge from copper mines in it and its extremely dangerous to drink. So I waited and waited and then joined a forum when my tank was still at 0 ppm ammonia, 0 nitrites, 0 nitrates with a PH of 7. I got Dr Tim's Ammonia finally and then did finally get a reading and it never went over 2ppm and it never converted to Nitrites ever. It only started to convert to Nitrates.. I didn't even have plants at that time either. I added Stability and did the entire routine. I have 2 filters going etc. So another forum mentioned to add minerals, which I did but still nothing changed until I made the mistake and added Fresh Start. Suddenly I thought it would be better when I finally got an Ammonia and a Nitrate reading (not nitrites. a couple weeks in. But I thought it was cycled because another forum said that sometimes it skips Nitrites and goes right to Nitrates, so I did a water change and then purchased fish and not many, just a few and my Ammonia spiked but never any Nitrites. Never Nitrites. So now with the ammonia spike I did a 3/4 water changed due to the Ammonia too high for my few fish. The Nitrates went a way to 0ppm. So now I have a continuous high Ammonia and have been doing a lot of water changes but still the Ammonia will not come down and still no conversion to Nitrites, i still do not have Nitrates either now. I grew up around fish, my dad bred them, I had a tank a decade ago, never went though this and now I can't get this tank to cycle again or it never cycled in 3 months, it makes no sense. I did add minerals and others on another forum said it would work but it hasn't. Any suggestions to help me I would be grateful. I am at witts end on this. Any help would be awesome. Its only a 30 Gallon Tank. I used Prime too just yesterday and did the right dosing and yet my fish are not acting very happy. I'm worried and don't want to lose them. I read many instances of people using RO water with no issues at all. I'm at a loss to know what to do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok I will call a fish store to talk to a real person. Can you delete my account please, I tried to but there is nothing to let you do that. I'm looking for someone that has knowledge regarding the issue, so I will go elsewhere. Remove me please

1 - 2 of 2 Posts