Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all - I'm new around these parts. I've been a very "casual aquarist" for the past several years. My current set-up is a 20G freshwater, newly planted (as of last night). Inhabitants include: 1 male betta, 7 ghost shrimp.

I also have a one-gallon "nursery bowl" with about half-a-dozen platy fry.

I'll post pics later.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was for a few years but now I'm back in Tulsa for work. And I see you're a Tulsan too! That's fun, maybe now I could get some hints on a good LFS (Walmart, Petco, and Petsmart just ain't cuttin' it).

·
Pleco n bn breeder n BOSS
7,685 Posts
I was for a few years but now I'm back in Tulsa for work. And I see you're a Tulsan too! That's fun, maybe now I could get some hints on a good LFS (Walmart, Petco, and Petsmart just ain't cuttin' it).
There are a few good lfs, depending on what you are looking for as to which you would want to go to. We also have a club chapter here in Tulsa where we have auctions for fish and plants and lots of other stuff. Our next meeting is Jan 11 at the Tulsa Zoo, at 2pm. Just go to the zoo friends gate and tell them your there for the meeting and entry is free.

We also have a club website which you are welcome to join also. Its at

Index.

Just register and introduce yourself. Also if you decide to become a club member you will get discounts at a few stores. The ones I frequent is Premier Aquatics at 61st and Sheridan, Oddballs at 31st and Sheridan. on 31st about 2 blocks west off sheridan. Southern Agriculture has good selections also most of the time. at 71st and Sheridan.

·
Catch and Release
263 Posts
You an Okie State fan? I wanted them to beat the ducks so bad last night. Robinson just kinda choked. I've been rootin for all Big 12 teams this year and it killed me whenever they faced H2H

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
I went to college in Oklahoma and it is a very nice state. Problem I was from Nebraska and we did not get along too well at Football time LOL.

But I did love the people from there.

Welcome.

Your betta may make a quick meal of the shrimp so you may want to watch them at molting times. Otherwise I would really like to see pictures of your betta, they are my favorites and I love the little guys and gals. They have wonderful personalities.

Rose

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Your betta may make a quick meal of the shrimp so you may want to watch them at molting times. Otherwise I would really like to see pictures of your betta, they are my favorites and I love the little guys and gals. They have wonderful personalities.

Rose
Aww man - you're kidding me. I specifically asked the salesgirl if my betta would harass/eat the shrimp and she said it would be just fine. (Not that Petsmart salespeople always know what they're talking about). Well poo. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts