Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in starting my first freshwater setup and have all but decided to use a BioCube 29.

My question is:

Why don't I see anyone using this tank for freshwater? All I see are reef tanks using the BioCube. Am I missing some "reef/saltwater only" flag on the side of the box?

Thanks for the help and glad to be here. I should have some fun on this forum. :fish-new:

·
Aquarium Fanatic
1,267 Posts
The bio cube was designed to be used for a reef system but it would make an amazing freshwater take especially with the filter system that is built in to it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
yeah, they are just setup for reefs, but will make nice freshwater tanks also, they usually cost more, so thats why people dont buy them for freshwater i would assume. post some pics when you get it running.

Reactions: TheBBB

·
Registered
28 Posts
They are nice but very expensive and you don't have as much usuable space with the filter being inside the tank. You will have less room for your fish so you will not be able to have as many as you might think would work in there.

The internal filter looks like it takes up close to a 1/3 of the usable space. Which would reduce your stocking level 1/3. With an external sump you actually have more water to work with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts