Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm new to the site, I saw a post about this site on another reef forum and thought I'd check it out. I've been into reef tanks for 2 years now and I have a 40 reef tank which I'm in the process of upgrading to a 120 oceanic reef ready. I also have a few frag tanks that I keep items for sale in. I'm really interested in learning as much as possible about reefkeeping (that's why I keep registering at all these reef forums!). Love what I see so far and look foward to chatting with you.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Welcome to the site!

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
:welcome:Glad to see you here, we have some very capable, folks in our Saltwater section, and im not at all hesitant to say even a few experts , all at your service as a member here. We hope you will add your knowledge to this section and have a nice time doing it.

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Thank you for joining us and I hope that you enjoy it here. Please do make yourself at home here.

Rose

·
Registered
724 Posts
Welcome to the site. Hope we can answer any reef or other tank/fish questions you might have. I have to say, I am at least a little bit jealous that you're setting up a 120g tank. Aaahhhhh...someday.....

·
Aquarium Fanatic
1,267 Posts
Welcome to the forum
yes i am also way jealous of the 120, i cant wait to upgrade. but first lets see some pictures of your tanks

·
Registered
285 Posts
As everyone has said before :) WELCOME :)

Trust me, everyone here is extremely polite, and welcoming and are always willing to help people with any questions :) I've been here for quite a long time now I guess, and the people here are absolutely amazing from tank setups to how fish breed :)

This forum is a great place to be and I love this place :) I spend a lot of my free time going onto this forum, and raising my fishes :) other than that, I have a busy life to get to xD

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the welcomes everyone. I've been checking out the other fourms, especially the for sale theads. As I said I'm upgrading to a larger tank and looking for used equipment to make the transition a little easier on the wallet and also to save more money for the real fun stuff CORALS!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here are a few pics of my tanks:
This is my basement shop

This is a 240 gallon DIY tank I made out of plywood and pondliner the light system above are 4 400w Icecap halide pendents with 2 20k and 2 14k bulbs. They are on an agramover moving track system they make a full back and forth cycle in 3 min:

The sump for the 240 tank:

top views:

This is a 4 20 gal long system that was intended as a quarantene system but I often run out of room and keep some stuff in it long term. I have 4 icecap t5 bulbs on each row. I use 2 420nm bulbs and 2 14k bulbs on each:

My work bench:

This is a 200 gal system with 2 20 longs, a 55 gal on the front and a 70 gallon pond tank All kinds of different lighting on these the 20 gals I have icecap 20k 150w bulbs and keep chalices and echinatas in them, the 55 and the 70 is currently a holding area for my friend's corals and fish. He moved and is still designing a 250 gallon custom in wall tank system. Hoping he will get it up soon! I am setting up his 95 wave tank and his 75 tank as show tanks soon:

I sell lots of different stuff from these tanks. Check out my photobucket link to see what I have. I order new stuff every 3 weeks or so, so check back often.
-kevin

·
Registered
250 Posts
Wow, all I can say is I am so jealous. My wife would kill me, and then divorce me if my basement looked like that.

Welcome Aboard! I am sure you will like it here and we are glad to have you!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts