Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i'm new to this site (but have been on several other forums for a while...)

i will probably spend the most amount of time in the predator section (which is pretty lacking so far on this site)

so anyhow, time to get to know people!
whats everybody got? and is anyone on MFK ?

also, maybe someone can help me out, whys there no cold water section to this site, or am i just missing it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
i should have been more descriptive i guess, and since my post was "what do you have?" i should have said what i have...

here are my tanks (currently ;))
75g - cichlid community, mainly africans
20gL - cichlid tank for fry from 75g
90g - 11" florida gar, 2 6" sterlet sturgeon
29g - 2 5" grass pickerel (probably going into the 90g when they're larger)
180g - 20" silver aro, 16" clown knife, 14" mono pbass, 12" ocell pbass, 2 13" IR sharks, 16" common pleco, 16" TSN, 10 irwini
currently looking to reduce the bioload on the 180, but i cant bring myself to part with anything, and i cant afford another 180 at the moment :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
as for a coldwater section, here is the description from another site for thier coldwater section

"Discussion of cold water, temperate and North American native fish, such as Bass, Walleye, Esox sp., Sturgeons, Bowfins, Tench, Chinese Hi-fin loaches, Wel's Catfish, etc."

also the sunfin/panfish species, and darters, gobys, sculpins, and coldwater catfish are popular but not listed

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
update:
the 2 IR's are out :(
the water cleared up perfectly after decreasing the bioload (and water changes), and i added more media so i can keep more fish in the future
then i happened across a free 10" RTC, so of course i added him in :)

so now my catifsh to fish ratio is too high, so i will be on the lookout for more mid or high level swimmers ;)

·
Registered
192 Posts
nice tanks, i only have one so far, with two baby red belly piranhas right now. hoping to get a couple more tanks over the next year though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts