Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been sent links to forum posts for a long time now, and thought it was time for me to join. I've housed saltwater fish for 10+ years and have had a 14g nanocube for a year. I don't have a whole lot of room left in my tank for new additions but am looking for a long tentacle leather coral for my onyx clowns (they are small and very sensitive to stings from my torch so I want to find them a new potential host). Look forward to being part of the forum!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Welcome to the site! i have been hearing about these onyx clowns for a while but haven't really paid attention. if u have some good pics please show me, as now i am paying attention, as im getting a nanocube in late june(im moving from elementary to middle school, so the nanocubes a present). if theyre something cool id be very interested!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They're great fish. Really pretty and the coloration is always different depending on the individual. Rod Bheuler makes great fish food and raises these guys in DeKalb, IL. They're really healthy fish and if you buy them directly from him I think they're $50/fish + shipping. When I bought them, they were 1/2-3/4 inch long and they ate everything I fed them; though they do really love live baby brine shrimp. I'd definitely recommend these clowns, especially for a nano. They're gorgeous and it's very fun to watch them grow and change colors from week to week.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
:eek::eek:those guys are amazing! beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! thats somethin on the list for my reef!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Glad you like them! They're definitely a great addition to any size reef tank and are such a unique clownfish. Good personalities too

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
thanx soooooooooooooooo much! BTW, what anenome are yours in?

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mine actually host in a torch coral. But they're having some issues with being stung by it and getting minor secondary infections, so I might try to find a long-polyp toadstool or something that doesn't sting. They love the torch though. I've heard they really like hammer corals and frogspawns as well

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Frogspawns-Perfect for my nanoreef!

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Thank you for joining and for sharing those amazing pictures. We do look forward to learning more about the wonderful fish. They are simply fascinating! Congratulations!

WOW!!

Rose

1 - 14 of 14 Posts