Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I recently (in the past year) have come to love freshwater fish and currently have a 37 g tank with 120 watts of light, CO2 injection and a Marineland 360 canister filter (awaiting a UV sterilizer). It was given to me by my husband as a gift! Little did we know what we what my "type A personality" was getting into! I just recently received a shipment of ADA soil along with some other *shtuff* to put underneath it. In a couple of weeks I will breakdown my tank to put in the new soil and new plants, while trying to maintain the bio filter at the same time. *Whew* what a chore I have!
The fauna I have are:
2 Pelvicachromis Pulchers (currently tending to eggs in a coconut)
5 Otos
1 Pleco
9 Harlequin Raspboras (sp?)
The flora I have:
A large piece of Mopani driftwood and a bunch of ugly plants that are there to help with O2 and compete with the algae. Oh and I can grow some really mean algae because of the late introduction of CO2! I might say I am quite the pro at that! I have killed HC, Eusteralis sp, Dwarf Hairgrass, Echinodorus Tennelus, and some other pretty plants. We live and learn... unfortunately it's an expensive lesson!

In my sons room we have a 2 guppies and a few red cherry shrimp in a 6 g tank from Marineland. I just took a load of red cherry shrimp to a LFS because we had WAY to many! I didn't know that shrimp really like to ummm... well I didn't know they liked each other so much!

Well that's me in a coconut shell!!!

Angela
Davidson NC
[/I][/FONT]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you dj! I have read many of your posts and learn each time I do! It's good to know that you are "around" to help the newbies live and learn. I do promise to do my research, give it a go and then ask you the questions later.

~ A

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Austin :) I love the pictures of your budding reef! I just wish I had the knowledge to do SW but I think I am a bit too timid for that right now ;)

~ A

·
Registered
190 Posts
Thnx, Its really not that hard, this is my 1st SW tank, but I have had a lot of FW tanks before. Right nows its in its cycle. Its not that hard, but I have done a lot of research. I dont have room or money for a big reef tank, but in a few years I am hoping to get a 72g bow. If you research and just get the supplies it should be pretty easy. Your tank also sounds nice. Would love to see some pictures. Hope you like the site, and if you do decide you wanna get a SW tank, you can find everything out here, or ask. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts