Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey People!

I want to start a saltwater tank and have been looking at the biocube 29, red sea max 130d and a custom built 34 gallon reef ready tank from GreatLakesAquariums.com. I am leaning towards the Great Lakes aquarium as it has the custom oak canopy and stand included. It also includes the lighting and a starter set that includes crystal sea salt mix, 20# fiji live rock, 15# base rock, 150 watt submersible heater, floating hydrometer and thermometer, 20# live sand and also 10# aragonite sand. Lighting is Glo T5 high output 2 bulb light and water pump is 700gph. Tank dimensions are 24x18x18 for $870 without shipping. I would appreciate it if someone could give me some feedback regarding this situation. Thanks, Rob :fishRed:

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Welcome to the site! just remember this-the smaller the tank, the harder to maintain.

Reactions: Joey and malachi

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks petlover!

I understand that is harder to mantain a smaller tank as I have been doing a lot of research on forums and such. I would just like to know what someone thinks of the tanks that I have narrowed it down to and if they have feedback on them. I want to establish a reef tank with a some fish. Any info would be greatly appreciated. :fishRed:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Welcome, hope you enjoy the site. I would go with the Red Sea Max. But its up to you. It has great filtration and lighting and 34 gallons. IDK what the tank that you want looks like or anything, i couldn't find it on the site, it would be helpful if you post a link right to the tank.
:D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
greatlakesaquariums are on ebay primarily I think. I do like the red sea max but i have read some bad reviews on it. I dont know how to add links to my messages can anyone help? As for nanos I think im gonna go with the 29 gal biocube or the jbj 28gal hqi. Just remember I am new and any tips would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
if your a beginner, preferrably nothing below 55 gallons is what u should use. so i would go with the red sea max 130.

Reactions: Joey

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Welcome and glad to have you here. I hope that you can get the answers you need to your questions here and I know that we have a LOT of members with Saltwater tanks so you should get good advice. You will probably get better coverage posting the questions in the actual Saltwater Section of the forum as this is just for welcome posts.

We would love to see pictures of your tank as you get it set up and progressing.

So looking forward to having you here!

Rose
:betta:

Reactions: Joey

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
*w2 glad to see you here, and im sure someone will provide the info youre lookin for.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts