Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 14g biocube, I have heard that alot can be done to these and I am wondering what all can be done to them..I have always had large tanks but got a nano to try and right now it has a picaso in it and a small small 6-line..other wise i put a bunch of crabs and stuff in and some corol from overflow from the big tank..like hammer head and frogspawn and zoos and some other things..any info would be great

·
Registered
250 Posts
Not sure what you are asking... Are you wondering about what you can do with your Biocube such as changing out lighting? Or are you asking for suggestion on stocking it? Sorry I just am not clear?

·
Registered
278 Posts
The skies just about the limit as long as you dont want much in the way of fish. Nanotunners.com has a ton of modifications that you can do. Just got to have long arms and deep pockets and be pretty mechanically inclined and you can trick out a Bio-cube 14 pretty serious like. Carefully chosen, you can pack a BC-14 with corals until its literally a "Garden Tank". The hardest point is deciding where you want to take it.

·
Registered
250 Posts
The skies just about the limit as long as you dont want much in the way of fish. Nanotunners.com has a ton of modifications that you can do. Just got to have long arms and deep pockets and be pretty mechanically inclined and you can trick out a Bio-cube 14 pretty serious like. Carefully chosen, you can pack a BC-14 with corals until its literally a "Garden Tank". The hardest point is deciding where you want to take it.
Ahhh ok then, I was not sure if he/she was asking about stocking it. Something about the conjugation confused me....must have been a longer day then I thought.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea wondering the fish that are ok to put in it too..right now i have a 6 line and a picaso in it..not sure if i can do more or what?/?

·
Registered
278 Posts
a Picaso? Picaso Clownfish or Trigger?

Your pretty limitred on fish. In my opinion 2 three inch fish is about that limit. Depending on your choices adding one more in that size class would be possible although at that point your staring to push the limit on the tanks ability to carry a load that high.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I wouldn't recommend putting any more fish in there. I have 12g nanocube with a pair of 9month old onyx clownfish and a pistol shrimp/goby pair. My clowns are still very small (1-1.5 inches) so my tank can handle the bioload, but I know I'll be doing more than once a week water changes when they're full grown. A clown and a sixline will be plenty for that tank to handle.
Nanos are great. I have a friend with the fancy-schmancy MH upgrade on a 24g nanocube. The tank is primarily SPS with a zoa and paly garden at the bottom; there are 4 or 5 tiny gobies that live in it. Really fun too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts