Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a tank (10g) with a Batta, 4 Neon Tetras, and 4 Danios. I would like to try my hand at live plants in this tank. What would be a good plant for my needs? I have not had live plants in any of my tanks to this point.

Thanks *n1

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice...thank you!

·
Registered
133 Posts
I just started planting my 29 gallon tank. I have some Java fern and anubius, and they are doing well (if I say so myself).
I also got a moss ball, those are kind of fun to just roll around in there. Of course, your tank is only a 10 gallon one, and that might fill it too much for your taste...

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just started planting my 29 gallon tank. I have some Java fern and anubius, and they are doing well (if I say so myself).
I also got a moss ball, those are kind of fun to just roll around in there. Of course, your tank is only a 10 gallon one, and that might fill it too much for your taste...
you can pack a 10g from what i learned in research...just gotta watch levels of chems. i heard it's best to do more than less plants to control algae.

gotta make sure light can get through as well...get a goldfish to prune moss for u =).

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those look really good. Do you use sand or rock on the bottom?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Will the Java Fern be okay in a gravel substrate? Or should I pot it?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks!

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
very nice tanks that you got there susan

1 - 14 of 14 Posts