Aquarium Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I’m new to the hobby. I have 2 Otocinclus and 2 types of cory catfish (bronze and peppered). I found eggs today on the glass and on the filter. I don’t know which fish laid these eggs and I would like for these eggs hatch and survive so I really do need all the help I can get. Thank you!
Water Liquid Sky Fluid Tints and shades

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
.Those are cory eggs. What other fish do have in there besides otos. If you have lots of plants they will be fine, if you try to move them don't let outside air come in contact as it will destro.y them
I only have 1 SAE other than the otos and the 8 corys

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi! The Fish Lady here!😃 nice to meet you, Karly

Hi!😃 I'm The Fish Lady here!😃 nice to meet you, Karly!
Wowzyyy! How exciting!😃
What I know is that you can transfer them into another aquarium and this will definitely "save" them...hmmm...are they fertilized? I know that sometimes the female babies release eggs because they are coming into maturity and they won't be fertilized for the first couple of times until the males "catch up"; you know?
I do hope that this helps somewhat...
Thank you I don’t know if they are fertilized some seem like a brownish color and some have white specks and they seem to be turning white. The only thing is that the eggs are really small so that’s why I thought they might be the otos eggs

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi, again!
Omggg!😃😃 you may be a new mommy yet! Aawww!! Please, keep us posted!😃
Hello, I was able to move them to a separate tank and some did hatch but I am only left with four. Hopefully they survive. I have watched so many videos but I mean I am new and bummed out that they all didn’t make it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's your first time and things happen, as you get more experience it will yield better.
Thank you guys for all the help today I did some maintenance and found two babies. I was able to take a picture of one. The reason why I said I found them is because once hatched I decided to add them back to the main tank.
Plant Botany Terrestrial plant Organism Grass

1 - 6 of 6 Posts