Aquarium Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Hi! The Fish Lady here!馃槂 nice to meet you, Karly
Hello, I鈥檓 new to the hobby. I have 2 Otocinclus and 2 types of cory catfish (bronze and peppered). I found eggs today on the glass and on the filter. I don鈥檛 know which fish laid these eggs and I would like for these eggs hatch and survive so I really do need all the help I can get. Thank you! View attachment 32183
Hi!馃槂 I'm The Fish Lady here!馃槂 nice to meet you, Karly!
Wowzyyy! How exciting!馃槂
What I know is that you can transfer them into another aquarium and this will definitely "save" them...hmmm...are they fertilized? I know that sometimes the female babies release eggs because they are coming into maturity and they won't be fertilized for the first couple of times until the males "catch up"; you know?
I do hope that this helps somewhat...

Registered
Hello, I was able to move them to a separate tank and some did hatch but I am only left with four. Hopefully they survive. I have watched so many videos but I mean I am new and bummed out that they all didn鈥檛 make it.
Hi!馃槂
Yes, I totally understand...sad...smh...don't give up, hon... Yes, you should read my new posting for this is exactly what happened to me yesterday and I was sooo discouraged and bummed out, myself....
Well, you sound like you're on the right track though, hon, and you have 4 new babies!馃槂 this is still really exciting!
Please, keep me posted! Be blessed!馃槂

Registered
Thank you guys for all the help today I did some maintenance and found two babies. I was able to take a picture of one. The reason why I said I found them is because once hatched I decided to add them back to the main tank. View attachment 32205
Hi!馃槂
Aaawww!馃槂馃槂 he's adorable! You are like soooo lucky!馃槂 congratulations, fish buddy! You're a new mommy!! Aaawww...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts