Aquarium Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I’m new to the hobby. I have 2 Otocinclus and 2 types of cory catfish (bronze and peppered). I found eggs today on the glass and on the filter. I don’t know which fish laid these eggs and I would like for these eggs hatch and survive so I really do need all the help I can get. Thank you!
Water Liquid Sky Fluid Tints and shades

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi! The Fish Lady here!😃 nice to meet you, Karly
Hello, I’m new to the hobby. I have 2 Otocinclus and 2 types of cory catfish (bronze and peppered). I found eggs today on the glass and on the filter. I don’t know which fish laid these eggs and I would like for these eggs hatch and survive so I really do need all the help I can get. Thank you! View attachment 32183
Hi!😃 I'm The Fish Lady here!😃 nice to meet you, Karly!
Wowzyyy! How exciting!😃
What I know is that you can transfer them into another aquarium and this will definitely "save" them...hmmm...are they fertilized? I know that sometimes the female babies release eggs because they are coming into maturity and they won't be fertilized for the first couple of times until the males "catch up"; you know?
I do hope that this helps somewhat...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi! The Fish Lady here!😃 nice to meet you, Karly

Hi!😃 I'm The Fish Lady here!😃 nice to meet you, Karly!
Wowzyyy! How exciting!😃
What I know is that you can transfer them into another aquarium and this will definitely "save" them...hmmm...are they fertilized? I know that sometimes the female babies release eggs because they are coming into maturity and they won't be fertilized for the first couple of times until the males "catch up"; you know?
I do hope that this helps somewhat...
Thank you I don’t know if they are fertilized some seem like a brownish color and some have white specks and they seem to be turning white. The only thing is that the eggs are really small so that’s why I thought they might be the otos eggs

·
Registered
Bronze Corydora (5) Neon Tetra (7) Plakat Betta (1)
9 Posts
Hello, I’m new to the hobby. I have 2 Otocinclus and 2 types of cory catfish (bronze and peppered). I found eggs today on the glass and on the filter. I don’t know which fish laid these eggs and I would like for these eggs hatch and survive so I really do need all the help I can get. Thank you! View attachment 32183
Yup those are Cory eggs alright! Bronzes love to breed especially after you do a water change!

·
Registered
Bronze Corydora (5) Neon Tetra (7) Plakat Betta (1)
9 Posts
Hi!!

Omggg! How exciting!😃
I'm like sooooooooooo green! None of my babies even seem to even think about producing!😂😂😂
Ughhhhhhhhhhhh....
Hopefully one day! My cories will decide to breed 3 days in a row and then I'll have nothing for a month! I am thinking of trying to hatch them in the future. As I'd love to expand my Cory family :) I've just sadly nothing to keep the eggs fungas free like a tumbler

1 - 12 of 12 Posts