Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all my name is laura. my husbands name is mark and we have been raising mostly angel fish and guppies for the past 29 years but are fairly new to the computer world. I also have raised show birds for the same amount of time. we now have 100 tanks in our fish room and growing. we have mostly show guppies, we do have some strange fish that we like to keep. I have a koi pond in the back yard. I have a community tank in my sitting room. along with a saltwater seahorse tank. I also have some leaf fish, pipe fish, and I have some gobies that I need help with identifiying. they have laid eggs. but the FRY are so small I don't think I have the right food to feed them. I will post some pictures soon........ as this is a new computer and I'm still figuring it out.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Welcome to the site........ You can get dry micro food for tiny fry at any good LFS, I have seen it available at chainpet store as will but not to often. That being seid the best fry food you can get is JAVA Moss. If you use java moss you number of surviving fry will increase and they will have a natural source of live micro food 24/7. If you can find any locallly let me know I can ship you some. I like to sandwitch in between to peaces of needle point frames, that way I can remove it when it needs to be cleaned or trimmed. It doesn't require alot of light survive.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you I will definatley put some java moss in the fry tank and thank you for the warm welcomes. I just have to figure out how to get my pictures off of photo bucket as my daughter took my old computer and has all my pictures on it. I'll keep you informed when the gobies lay their eggs.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank you. I have some of my pictures posted and as of tonight I have goby eggs and there are alot of them. I hope that I can raise them. the points on those are good along with the story of raising them. I'll keep you posted

1 - 10 of 10 Posts