Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. My name is Allison. I have a lot of experience with birds, but not so much with fish. I've only had a beta that I managed to keep alive for 5 years. I have worked at a Petsmart through the bird rescue I volunteer with for several months and have really enjoyed watching the fish there, but am not sure if I'm ready to get a tank of my own yet. I'm especially interested in Goldfish. I would like to rescue some comets from getting eaten as well as get some fancier goldfish to go along with them, maybe a Koi. I have made friends with a few Petsmart employees who I've talked to about fish and I know it can be a lot of work so I'm going to take it slow and just lurk around here, maybe ask a few questions here and there. :) Nice to meet you all.

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Welcome, it is not a small matter to keep a betta alive for 5 years so you do have a considerable experience. Not many can say that they have done it. Congratulations. That took a lot of care and attendance on that lucky fish.

We look forward to getting to know you better.

Rose

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I think I was just lucky to have a healthy beta as I didn't try any harder than most people. :) Thank you for the compliment though. I had him when I was a kid. I got him when I was 7 (he was a birthday present) and had him until I was 12. He used to let me pet him which I know was probably not a good idea. I guess he was a very lucky beta.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts