1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have a 55 gal tank with an Oscar as my main occupant. :fish5:

·
Registered
49 Posts
It all depends on what kind of tank you want to have. Community, agressive, koi, cichlid, planted.... The list goes on so it all depends on whats your tastes and desires are. You can do alot with a 55 gallon tank. So let us know what your interests are and we can steer you in the right direction.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was thinking about a catfish that gets about a foot the fish store here told me to get a red tail cat and that when he gets to big they will buy him back for store credit he said they have people every day with very large taks that want large fish now they dont want to wait for them to grow he also recommended a tiger shovelnose

·
Fish Guru
67 Posts
Gauramis!!! they'll get a pretty nice size but shouldn't get big enough to out grow your tank :D and they come in all sorts of shapes and sizes! and you'll love their cute little arms :D (so i like to call them) i <3 their cute little arms :D

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
What kind of set up are you looking for? What type of fish? Fresh or salt water? I love a planted aquariums.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
freshwater and im saving now so i will be able to get a big tank in like 6 months ill have about 600 saved so i should be able to get a pretty nice size tank. what are Gauramis are they the ones that look like they walk on the bottom

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
No they are not. If you got this much saved up so far. You should be able to get a sweet and big aquarium now. Do you want new or a used one.

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
I got my 75 gallon used. I got it for $80.00. It can with 2 filters, battery backup system, light and a whole lot of things. What state are you in? I live in MI.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts