Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after about almost a month on the fishless cycle everything is looking good. I have a 30 gallon long tank, with an AC110 as the filter and Marineland stealth 200w heater on it. Yes the filter and the heater are bigger than what is needed but I like to over filter. Anyways I have always had african cichlids and now I am just going for basically a small community tank. I went and got 4 albino corys and 2 pink kissing gouramis (my wifes pick). Since I am using a filler sand which is somewhat white and the corys and gouramis are white I am looking for some advice for some fish with some color and how many more you think would work good for my tank size. I have never had gouramis before so I do not know there temperment. I will get pics poster soon.

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
Sounds like it gonna be a nice peaceful little community :) I have corys in all my tanks i like the way they seem to be non-stop eatings somthing out of the gravel, or looking for it, good clean-up crew, or at least it appears so. The only thing ive found with using a white substrate, is that my fish sen to never quite show all their color, like they do on a dark substrate. but thats just me. As for your filtration im a firm believer that if it aint blowing water out of the tank its not too much.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
kissing gouramis might get a little big for that tank, just so u know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts