Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, new here, I have a 125 gal long aquarium that I am changing over.
Looking for some help and ideas.

The current set up is 125 gal (6ft long x 2ft height X 2 ft deep). It has housed bicolored peacock ciclids now for about 4 years. I recently same an aquarium at someones house that was of similar size that was set up to look like a cross section of a river (really cool looking).

I want to set up mine to be like a local creek near my house. I wish it to hold a common fish to this creek, Rockbass & Smallmouth Bass (may have to upgrade to a large aquarium for these thou). The Rockbass are not too big, max out at about 12" and they are very slow growing (about 1-2 inches per year).

First Question: water movement, I need to have the water move from one side to the next without looking to circle back on itself. Ideas on how to do this.

Second Question: I live near Cincinnati, OH and besides going out to a local lake or creek to fish for these fish, is there any where or way that I may purcase some rockbass in the 2"-4" size range.

any other Ideas or thoughts would be appriciated. I have had several aquariums over the past 10 years, but this would be more of a specialty type that I can not find info on the web about.

·
Registered
324 Posts
river aquariums generally use a false background / divider to allow the water to circulate

1 - 3 of 3 Posts