Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new reef tank, live rock went in about a month ago. While cleaning the inside of the glass, something either bit or stung my finger which resulted in an allergic reaction and actually put me in the hospital. Can anyone maybe tell me what might be in this tank that would do this? It stung badly, swelled up my whole hand and effected my breathing / swallowing. I have searched the internet but nothing seems to be a perfect match. I did discover this evening that I do have a mantis shrimp. Could that have casued such a bite and reaction? Thanks for your help! :fishGreen:
 

·
Goodwill Ambassador
Joined
·
377 Posts
What a terrible experience! I'm glad you are okay now. Can you post a pic of your tank and explain what fish, inverts and corals you have in the Reef Tank and Coral Discussions forum? It might help identify your culprit. Also list any known allergies you have.

But, welcome to the forum.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
ok i dont have a reef tank but i have lived by the ocean all my life. if you can use one of the long handled brushes to clean the inside glass, i would suggest doing it. you do not know what lives inside the living rock or which animal had a "bad" day. hopefully you are doing better. sorry to hear about the hospital stay. welcome to the forum.:cat_dreams_fish:
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top