Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy -

i am getting back into the hobby after a 26 year leave. When I was a kid (13)
I had maxed out my parents house with a 20 55 and two 10's running all over the place. I have been out of the hobby for a long time. I am eyeballing a redsea max 250. Can anyone offer advice for someone with a good chunk of fresh water and some salt exp (from 26 years ago) on this type of tank? I like the idea of a reef looking tank with the focus on the the fish or maybe jsut a good old salt tank with a community feel? I like the idea of keeping a reef...but i know this is a giant leap to take (lots of reading up front) I am not too afraid of the challenge but I need to hear the cons to temper my wants.

on another note. I am photographer. I want the tank to calm my nerves 9red flag for the reef i know) because i want to shoot it regular. so, i need a tank, about 60 -100 gallons that is going to photo friendly and maintence friendly. I have two kids and bulldog. I know what this reef tank means for me as far as chores. I am hell bent on the idea though so dont try to talk me out of it as much as maybe try to point me in the right direction -

so - redsea max 250 ???? any thoughts? should i build it myself? will i save money trying to piece this together with an ocianic of the same size? thoughts? and thanks for the replies now :)

·
Banned
54 Posts
*w2 to the forum, there are many members here who have vast knowledge of the Marine hobby, and will be more than happy to help you out, and we all will look forward to any pics you care to share with us.

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Hello and Welcome to the fourm. Nice to have you here with us. Like to see some pictures of your aquarium. Hope you are having a great day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts