·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello every one my name is Steve. I am retired, interested in setting up a marine aquariums.Thank you for the welcome. I am finding a lot of sites online that are educating me about setting up,maintenance of a aquarium!I did have a fish only marine about 25years ago for 3years.I made a lot of mistakes,finally I gave up!technology have advanced a lot in 25years. First,I recently became interested in marines.When a 300g reef tank was donated two months ago to a good friend of mine..I have been hanging out with the tank maintenance guys,watching,asking questions,learning everything I can.The owner(friend) has asked me to volunteer for learning purposes to do most of the daily maintenance!Maintenance will still do the adv.maintenance once a month! I don't know if this is a blessing or a curse!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Welcome *w2

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a question that hopefully someone can answere. In the 2nd stage of the sump,there is live rock,sand with alot of gunk,should I siphon out the gunk or leave it ? Is this part of the biological filter?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts