Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everybody,

my name is jason and im from Milwaukee area. im glad to be here.
i am 26 years old and have always loved fish, and the idea of trying to creating the perfect ecosystem. my goal is to have a tank set up some how to fully take care its self (imposable...lol) i have been doing my own tanks now for 5 years. i have taken care of many types of community fish. from KOI to guppy. i have had a aggressive take but with not much success. but it had Chiclets to my fav. a Red Pike that i grew from 2in to 9in until it they passed....

i mainly deal with Freshwater tanks but try to be as natural as i can witch does not always happen...lol i have a 55gl rectangle tank that is now hosting small fish like guppy. (im in a live barer kick) and i also have a 45gl (i think) HEX tank that im using for Koi.. this tank has many problems but i will save that for another post...lol

well thank you for having me and i hope to hear from some of you soon

jason:fish-in-bowl:

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
actually there are tanks that do what you want.

Its called an NPT or natural planted tank, natural means a soil substrate and crushed coral over the top of the dirt. Diana Walsted has perfected this method. most tanks like this are talked about heavily on aquaticplantcentral and plantedtank.

that 45g tank for koi is like putting chris farley back in david spades coat.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Welocme to the site! A tank with no maintenance is a lot more closer to reality than u think...contact a member named beaslbob...

·
Queen Platy
932 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I'm trying to set up the perfect ecosystem for my tank too. ALSO trying to make it run by itself to where the only thing I have to do is remove Nitrates and change cartridges here and there :)

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
welcome to the forum
hows the weather up there??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts