Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried running strait LEDs in their tank? If so what do you think? I've talked to a couple of manufactures that both say that LEDs are going to be the future lights of choice. The setup I have in mind is about $1200. I am a little skeptical about spending that much money since I haven't tried them before. So if anyone has any input on this please don't be shy. I would like to invite the moderators in on this one as well so anybody reading this please chime in.

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
The ones I use are just for color. And that they do well!
They bring out some insane neon and florescent colors in the corals.
There's some other LED systems that are more suited for growth but I use the 460nm actinic found here: PowerBrite | Current What's Next
Perhaps the OP will chime back in, I'm guessing he wants them for growth as well as color.
:)

·
Registered
324 Posts
The solaris system is what the OP is referring to and it is well reviewed and used succesfully in reef applications. The price tag is staggering but they claim to make it up in long life and efficiency.

with this system a bank of LED lights are used as a whole tank lighting system that is full spectrum and programmable to represent many natural lighting conditions and daily changes.

·
Registered
259 Posts
For growth always go with Halides, cant beat 'em

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello, I am using 2 maxspect 60watts each and very satisfy with it in a solana 20 inch cube corals are expanding colors are very nice.

·
Kris Aquarium Collections
6 Posts
i read this article about LED light, i would like to share it..,

LEDs helps to battle bacteria, potential foreseeable future for aquariums.Scientists in England have developed a strategy to fight superbugs and bacteria using LED lighting that may help alter the approach we take to battle parasites and bacteria in your aquariums.Created for usage in hospitals and laboratories, the technology uses a narrow spectrum of visible-light wavelengths, referred to as HINS-light.

to read more..,

·
Banned
33 Posts
We make the led lighting for aqaurium, coral, reef and so on. Usually we use blue and cool white led. Any one need more information? Leave me messeage. Enjoy the weekend.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The Beauty of an Indoor Garden Using Grow Lights

I have not tried it but i think you can try it LED lights are effective and they produce less heat and energy efficient.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I just posted a lengthy response to this on another thread "L.E.D. light for planted tank".. check that out.. i dont want to post another one on here.. lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
LED lights in general have become very popular in all kinds of applications. They offer so many advantages over incandescent lights which makes them a great investment.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts